Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hardcore gamer or Casual gamer?

Most of my friends who where lined as a hardcore gamers considered me only as a casual gamer, while the casual gamers I've met considered me as a hardcore gamer. So the question now boiled down to WHAT AM I? And WHERE DO I BELONG?

Way back when I was still in college, I used to play online games all the time. And when I say "all the time", I mean it literally. As in everyday. Why? Because I had all the time to play them fully without thinking of anything, except for my studies. But unfortunately all of this changes from the moment I left the academic environment and start on job hunting, until I found the perfect job that suits for me which is obviously a GM. ^_^ I basically stopped playing online games for like a couple of months already.

I would probably say that I might fall somewhere in between casual and hardcore. I honestly don't know what term will I use for this one... a MID-CORE I guess??? I think this will be the best or would I say 'accurate' term for myself as a gamer. ^_^ So there, I'm a MID-CORE gamer.

In my own opinion hardcore games are those which require you to devote a huge amount of time in order for you to enjoy the very best of the game you played. Unlike in casual games, this can be generally played without focusing too much to level-up. Moreover, this kind of games can be played in just short periods of time and you can set aside to play it later without thinking of being left behind or putting you to disadvantage. Ayt? ^__^

No comments: